Earlier this year I had the amazing opportunity to be a guest host on a cooking show, The Chef’s Kitchen. I shot about a dozen episodes, a few of them some test shoots, and got to work with some amazing chef’s!
While I have worked on several commercials and done some print work in the past, working on a television show was a completely new experience. I can’t say I was exactly “a natural,” but I got to learn a lot and had the best time doing it. Some of the amazing chefs I got to work with included:
- Chef Robert Wiedmaier who owns multiple restaurants in DC, including his first, Marcel’s
- Chef Patrick Feury, executive chef/partner of Nectar in Berwyn, PA
- Chef Tony Clark, 1997 Food & Wine’s Best New Chef in America and currently executive chef at Valley Forge Casino Resort
- Chef Chip Roman who owns multiple restaurants in Philadelphia, including his newest The Treemont in Center City
- Chef Luke Palladino of Luke Palladino Hospitality Group
Each chef was so fun to cook with and working with them helped me realize I have so much more to learn about food and cooking! Overall, it was an absolutely great experience that I wouldn’t trade for anything.
The show airs daily on public cable, so be on the look out! All the videos are up on YouTube as well, in fact, below you can watch me work with Chef Robert Wiedmaier who showed me how to make a popular dish from his restaurant, lamb tenderloins wrapped in phyllo — it was one of the best things I have ever eaten![youtube http://youtu.be/MnS4mlQw0LQ?t=33s&w=640%5D